If you are experiencing unusual or excessive bleeding, have a facial trauma or excessive swelling which may affect your breathing, seek help immediately by calling 999
Finding an emergency dentist during coronavirus can be a little daunting, particularly if you want an emergency dentist that's open now.
We are able to offer early morning and late night emergency appointments, often at short notice, simply call 01483 281 414
If you need a 24-hour emergency dentist, please call the number above and follow the instructions on our answerphone.
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is any situation where you require emergency attention in order to minimise the risk of serious medical problems. Please ensure you call our emergency dentist if you have any of the following dental problems:
- Extreme and uncontrollable toothache which doesn't respond to over the counter painkillers
- Uncontrolled bleeding in your mouth
- A chipped tooth which is causing extreme pain or there is blood coming from inside the tooth (small amount of blood from around the tooth/gum margin is not a dental emergency)
- Dental swelling of your gum, face, cheek or neck which is spreading.
- A recent dental extraction which continues to bleed and can't be stopped by biting down soft padding.
- An avulsed (knocked out) tooth
Any pain of any level, give us a call 01483 281 414
If you need an emergency dentist, here's what to do
Call the practice immediately, there is a voicemail system in place with instruction if the practice is closed.
What is the dental emergency process?
- You call the Practice. Our receptionist will take all personal details and abrief outline of your dental problem. This information will be passed to the emergency dentist .
- The dentist will call you to determine what treatment/advice will be necessary. We'll call you the same day when possible.
- Your appointment will be booked.
If you are concerned that you have a dental emergency please call our reception on 01483 281 414, this is the fastest way to get in touch with us. For an emergency or out of hours dentist in the local Leatherhead, Effingham or Bookham area of Surrey, we are here for you.